Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Is the third time a charm?

Welcome to adventures of a rocket scientist! I am your resident rocket scientist(hehe) MJ!
Before I go into my hurricane rant let me tell you about myself, I am 28 years old and am a systems engineer for a NASA contractor in Clear Lake, Texas. I have been reading other peoples blogs for years and figured I would try it out. Hi everyone out there in blog land!

Now for the rant, as hurricane Ike is coming our way, I have to ask myself, is the third time a charm? Will Ike really hit us (like my mom (WonderNurse) hopes) and if it does how bad will it be? Will it be the end of the world like some of the people in my local Walmart would like us to believe or will it be just be a rainy, windy day? In my 4 years as a rocket scientist I have only had to pack my office in those trusty plastic bags (come on will they really protect my computer or is it just to make us feel better) once (for Rita which turned out not to even be a rainy day) but in the last month I have had to do it twice and it's looking like I will be doing it once again for a total of 3 times in the last month! Geeze! Plus neither Edward nor Gustav did anything to Houston. Heck they closed NASA for Edward and it rained harder 60 miles north of here at my EngineerBoy's then it did here in Clear Lake.
I am beginning to wonder if I should just leave the computer in the stupid bag and not work again until the end of hurricane season!
People keep asking me, will you evacuate and if so where? I am evacuating all right, all the way to Erie, Pa. No I am not a total dork and expect Houston to be washed out to sea, I am going to a wedding this weekend so Ike or no Ike I wouldn't be here anyways.

For all of those in blog land that live in Houston, good luck, I will see you on the flip side! For everyone else have a great Thursday!

Remember, "freedom isn't free" and thank a solider and their families for their sacrifices!

~MJ

No comments: