Friday, October 24, 2008

Mr. Penn State Football

Another post to express my true love of Penn State! Good luck boys kick some Buckeye butt tomorrow!

I hope that I am as involved in life at 81 as JoePa, Mr. Penn State Football. The greatest (in my and most PSU fans) coach ever and the winnest coach in college football history! We have had some great years, not so great years (the entire time I was in college except 1999 when we won the Alamo Bowl, take that Aggies) followed by some really good years (the Orange Bowl in 2006, the Alamo Bowl in 2007). So far this year we are 9-0, we have upset Michigan (finally after 9 losses in a row) and we ARE going to beat Ohio State tomorrow! All of this thanks to Joe. He still walks to work and coaches every game though recently it's been from the press box and he knows what he is doing. He is an institution at Penn State.

Some ask if he should still be coaching at his age, some have been calling for his retirement. Why? He is knows what he is doing, we have been to 2 bowl games in the last 2 years and we are half way through the season and we are 9-0. While I hope he continues to coach as long as possible, I hope that this year is our year again that way if time and age catch up with him he can go out on a high and in style.

Here's to you Joe!














No comments: