Monday, April 6, 2009

Hell has frozen over - My eggo is preggo

Hell has frozen over. It's amazing what stress can do to you. I have been told for the past 12 years that I had a better chance of winning the lottery than every getting pregnant. I have had 4 surgeries and been on every birth control pill ever invented to keep me from bleeding to death once a month. I made the executive discision when I graduated college that I was going to go off the pill. It made it so that I couldn't loose weight, it made my hair fall out and made me feel totally sick and tired. I decided that since I wasn't having sex I wouldn't take it anymore. When I started dating JerkFace I almost went back on those dreadful little pills but since he always wanted to use condoms I didn't. We were together for 2 years and never once was I even late. When EngineerBoy and I started sleeping together we decided not to use anything because we were only with each other, we loved each other (I knew from day one), and I couldn't get pregnant. Well apparently stress can do a lot to you, either that or EngineerBoy's swimmers are awesome swimmers. My last period was short and light for me but probably normal for most people since most periods I nearly bleed to death. It was due last Thursday and I am one of those people that stress about starting (even before when I wasn't having sex at all) so by Sat when I hadn't started I figured it was stress but went and got a test just to make myself feel better, totally thinking it would have a big fat negative sign, I would then feel better and then I wouldn't be stressed and I would start. NEVER in a million years did I think that it was going to be a plus sign!!!! As MiddleSister says my eggo is definetly preggo. I did another one and it's still positive. I am pregnant. I don't know how to feel, I never prepared myself for this. I was 16 when I was told I couldn't have children naturally. I cried, I mourned, I moved on and now what 4 doctors told me never would happen is happening. I am shocked and scared but part of me is happy. I am getting something I never thought I was going to be able to do. Sure, I wish I was married but beggers can't be choosers. And at least I am with someone who was planning our engagement without my knowledge, someone who was picking out rings while I worried about my period (I didn't tell him I was worried, I just told him I was pregnant). He hadn't gotten it or anything but he was planning on marrying me before we found out about the baby. At least I am 28 and not 18, at least I have a college degree and a full time job. I am just shocked! I don't know what to think. Part of me is scared out of my mind, and part of me is excited. I worry that something is going to happen, I worry that I am going to suck as a mom. I am worried that my child is going to be neruotic like me.
It will be better once I go to the doctor and find out how far I am (anywhere from 4-8 weeks), I even confused the nurse at the doctors office when she asked me about my last period. WonderNurse's genocologist oncologist is also a normal OBGYN and he is so nice so I am going to go see him. I see him next Tuesday. EngineerBoy and WonderNurse want to go with me but I want to go by myself. I don't know why I just do, at least the first time. When they start doing the fun stuff they can come, for now I just need to do it by myself.
EngineerBoy hasn't told anyone, he wants to wait until I go to the doctor, probably so he can say how far along I am. I of course told WonderNurse and both sisters. They were shocked but ok. Both sisters are so excited you would think I just found the cure for cancer. It will be intersting to see how EngineerBoy's family reacts. I am most worried about his sister. She may be getting married first, but I am having the first grandchild. I am worried that she will feel as though I am upstaging her. I am worried that she will dislike me or that there is going to be a lot of unhappiness at the wedding. The wedding will be the first time I will see anyone (other than his sister) after announcing I am pregnant. Ugh. I wish I hadn't spent the money to go or I would be staying home instead of going.
EngineerBoy and both sisters want it to be a boy, WonderNurse and I want a girl. I understand girls, I know what to do with girls, girl stuff is more fun.
It's going to be one intersting year!

1 comment:

Ann(ie) said...

OH sweetheart, I am SOOOOOOOOOOO happy for you!!!! You've been through a lot lately and this is just wonderful wonderful news!!! I'm in the third trimester and big as a double wide and just ready to have this kid, but you are in for such a cool ride. xo.

How is your mama?